This time we show you how we usually perform a maintenance type 40.000 running hours on Jenbacher type 6 gas engines, which runs with Natural Gas.
For this type of preventive maintenance, our team goes to the customer’s Power Plant. Anyway, there are some labors which «RS Motor» has to perform in the workshop. These labors are highlighted with the symbol “*”.
40.000 HOURS MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST ON JENBACHER J620 GAS ENGINE
» Disassembly of the intercooler for subsequent delivery to «RS Motor». The intercooler will undergo ultrasound cleaning, which consists of the following steps (*):
- Preliminary visual inspection and exterior appearance check.
- Preliminary hydraulic test to verify absence of leaks.
- Dismantling of all covers.
- Replacement of fixing elements.
- Repair of female threads of the intercooler tube bundle.
- Cleaning of tube bundle and covers by using an ultrasonic cleaning machine.
- Renew of water side gaskets.
- Inner and outlet painting of water side covers.
- Complete assembly of the intercooler, respecting the recommended tightening according to the standard requirements.
- Final hydraulic test for 8-12 hours for product validation, prior to its assembly and installation on the engine.
» Replacement of precombustion chambers with their respective O-rings. Removal of cylinder heads on the engine is excluded.
» Replacement of the rocker cover gaskets.
» Intake and exhaust valve timing.
» Degreasing of the gas injection valves.
» Replacement of the rubber springs which have not able for being installed again.
» Renew the actuator linkage.
» Replacement of the main lubricating oil filter.
» Renew throttle valves.
» Replacement of air filters.
» Renew 2x vibration dampers.
» Replacement of the elastic coupling generator-engine.
» Renew crankcase ventilation filters.
» Checking of high connections and wiring.
» Disassembly of the exhaust gas turbocharger and subsequent mounting on the engine. Turbocharger standard maintenance or cleaning can be considered or not, depending on the customer’s decision.
» Cleaning the battery connection terminals.
» Standard refurbishment of the 2x starters with replacement of shaft, bearings, relay and seal (*). Optional.
» Overhaul of the main lubricating oil pump with bushings replacement (*). Optional.
» Replacement of gaskets, screws and other minor spare parts.
» Complete engine assembly.
» Engine connection, commissioning and subsequent checking of control parameters through DIA.NE control system.
These are the main steps that «RS Motor» takes into account to perform a 40.000 hours maintenance on Jenbacher type 6 gas engines.
Do not hesitate to ask us for price and availability wherever your engine or power plant is. We are available worldwide. Our field engineers and technicians will do their best with your engine.
If you trust in us, we are sure you will repeat!!! We have several years of experience behind us. For that reason, «RS Motor» is the best alternative to the official engine manufacturer.