Today, working with over 180 different engines running on natural gas, biogas, landfill gas, special gases, diesel and fuel oil, «RS Motor» is a competitive firm, with major contracts which cover our customers’ needs wherever their engines are. Thus, «RS Motor» is synonym of guarantee in the production line.
RS Motor is specialist on carrying out repairs on cogeneration engines
It doesn’t matter the engine brand or the engine type of the main brands that RS Motor works, and it doesn’t matter where it is located neither, RS Motor is completely able to give a quality response. More than 12 years of experience mean that our company can attend to any repair either “on-site” or at RS Motor’s facilities with an incredible efficiency.
Anyway, our specialty are DEUTZ/MWM (CAT) engines, Jenbacher engines and/or Guascor cogeneration engines.
What type of repairs do we carry out on cogeneration engines in RS Motor?
Below you can find some of the most usual repairs of different cogeneration engine parts that the engineers/technicians of RS Motor carry out.
- Cylinder heads: The refurbishment of cylinder heads consists on the replacement of valves, seats, guides, sleeves (depending on the cylinder head type), O-rings, valve guides, machining of the cylinder head’s core/faces, assembly, primer, painting and final hydraulic test.
- Intercoolers: In the cleaning process of any type of intercooler, several steps are so important in order to achieve the best quality on the final result. As a consequence, he minimum steps we carry out are the following ones: Disassembly, deep cleaning by using an ultrasonic cleaning machine, mechanical cleaning of body and overs, replacement of sealing gaskets, assembly, primer, painting and final hydraulic test.
- Oil cooler: Disassembly, replacement of sealing elements, primer, painting and final assembly and hydraulic test.
- Connecting rods: Verification of the parallelism of the connecting rod body. If it is OK, install new small end bushings and new studs or bolts (depending on the con-rod, sometimes it is necessary to renew all nuts).
- Water pumps, oil pumps and fuel pumps: As usually, we start with the disassembly of the part in order to check everything. If it can be refurbished for being used again, we change all small parts like seals, gaskets, o-rings… Sometimes we renew some bushings and pinions. At the final, the hydraulic test is also performed.
- Starters: Thanks to the specialized electrical equipment of the RS Motor’s electrical workshop, our engineers are able to check the cogeneration engine starters (electrical starters or pneumatic starters).
- Engine block: The machining of the upper and/or lower parts of the engine block is needed when this element is damaged due to seizures, damage due to water…
- Crankshaft: Verification with specific and special tools of the dimensions of the crankshaft.
- Main engine parts: RS Motor is able to renew the main parts of the engine thanks to the supply of genuine and/or OEM pistons, main bearings, connecting rod bearings, cylinder liners, cylinder head gasket sets, thrust bearings, camshaft bushings …
- Secondary engine spare parts and expendables: Gaskets, screws, bolts, nuts, o-rings, rubber springs, spark plugs, ignition coils, spark plug cables, oil filters, air filters, UPF filters… All of these parts are genuine and/or OEM too like the main ones.
Maintenance over cogeneration engines
The engineers and the technicians of RS Motor are able to carry out any type of maintenance on the cogeneration engines of the brands usually RS Motor works on. An example of the different kind of maintenances is show below:
- Preventive: A preventive maintenance is carried out taking into account the operating hours of the engine. The interval of hours is different depending on the gas type, the engine manufacturer and the engine model. On the one hand, on minor preventive maintenances we usually renew oil filters, spark plugs, air filters, some gaskets like the rocker arm cover gaskets… On the other hand, when RS Motor performs a major preventive maintenance (also known as Overhaul), the main parts of the engines like main bearings, con-rod bearings, pistons, cylinder liners… must be renewed. Anyway, all needed tasks are written in the maintenance plan of the engine manufacturer.
- Corrective: Corrective maintenances are carried out when an unscheduled event occurs in the cogeneration engine. In these occasions, the response must be as faster as possible. All necessary works are always adapted to the scope of damage in order to leave the engine running as soon as possible.
For Service and Maintenance, the best alternative to the official brand of the engine is RS Motor.
RS Motor has a fully equipped workshop in Porriño (Pontevedra, Spain) with the necessary experience, equipment and supplies to perform maintenance works on the gas engines we have under our maintenance or not. We also carry out reconditioning works on the most important elements of the engine.
An engine overhaul is a major maintenance intervention, where the engine is removed and disassembled part by part, following approved assembly processes. Worn elements are replaced and the reconditioned engine is returned to its initial state of use.
Due to the complexity of the procedure, we generally take the overhauled engine to our workshop. Here we have all the necessary means and equipment to carry out these works with all the guarantees on engines up to 4,50 MW.
Sometimes, and where downtime makes it unfeasible to remove the engine to our workshop, we can perform the overhaul on an exchange block, minimizing downtime-machine and resuming production in minimal time.
Reconditioning an engine involves disassembling its mechanical elements, inspecting and verifying the state of the engine, cleaning the mechanical parts with ultrasounds and carrying out controls and/or hydraulic tests. Worn elements are replaced and the reconditioned engine is restored to zero hours.
Engine elements usually reconditioned in the RS Motor workshop are:
- Cylinder heads.
- Water pumps.
- Plate heat exchangers.
- Oil pumps.
- Connecting rods (dimensional control & renew of bushings).
- Zero pressure valves.
- Water jackets.
- Throttle valves.
- Gas mixers.
- Fuel pumps.
In case you need to repair, reconditioning, or carry out a preventive or corrective maintenance, RS Motor is specialist on the following brands and types:
- DEUTZ/MWM TBG616/TCG2016; DEUTZ/MWM TBG620/2020; DEUTZ/MWM TBG632/2032; and many more.
- Jenbacher type 2, Jenbacher type 3, Jenbacher type 4 and Jenbacher type 6 (it does not matter the number of cylinders).
- Guascor/ Siemens FG/FGLD/SFGLD 180, FG/FGLD/SFGLD/HGM 240, FGLD/SFGLD 360, FGLD/SFGLD 480 and SFGLD/SFGM/HGM 560.
Service on cogeneration engines
Cogeneration gas and diesel engines (supply of spare parts and or Service), is the main business of RS Motor nowadays. Below you can find a brief summary of the engines we usually make Service regularly:
|DEUTZ||MWM (CAT)||JENBACHER||GUASCOR/ SIEMENS|
…and many more
Overhaul of cogeneration engines
The overhaul of a cogeneration engine can be carried out in different ways. One of them is to go to the customer’s Power Plant, the other one is to make the Overhaul in RS Motor, while other one which can be done both “on-site” and in RS Motor, is performing the cogeneration engine Overhaul by using an exchange “shortblock” or an exchange “longblock”. This allows to the customer to shorten the Power Plant downtime due to the Overhaul.